Sunday, September 27, 2015

2:17:43.2

2.66
Whew... 2 hours 17 minutes 43 seconds... that was my 2nd half marathon time, from the race I ran yesterday, a good two and half minutes better than my first half-marathon. Cool.

No injuries, no blisters, and I again met my humble goal of not walking any of the course. The weather was just right with a little sun and no wind, and over a thousand runners between a 5k, 10k, and the half. It was an excellent investment of a Saturday morning (plus the couple of months I spent preparing for the run.)

I'm feeling a bit of a let down, though, now that I don't have a current goal to work on. My older daughter wants to do more running with me, and maybe it's time we get a couple of 5ks on the calendar. She actually joined me yesterday for about a half mile of the half-marathon (I was lucky to have a fan club cheering me on... the running course passes about 150 yards from our house, so my family camped out for part of the morning watching for me to go by.)

All told, it was a great running event. I beat my previous time, and came through with no injuries, yet again. Another goal accomplished, and time for setting some new ones. Maybe you have a wellness goal you've been thinking about. If you do, don't wait another day - get something on the calendar, break down your steps and progress needed, and get to work. I guarantee you'll be glad you did.

By the Way


Themed runs and fun runs are exploding in popularity in recent years. And at just over 3 miles, a 5k is very doable for the running novice (or these can be very attractive to the competitive runner working on their timing.)

Check out this page from Running USA, showing the growth in running event finishers from 1990 to 2013.
Running stats and demographics from Running USA

And guys, while we were about even in numbers with the women five years ago, the female finishers have way outpaced the men. It's time to get in the game!






No comments:

Post a Comment