Sunday, September 6, 2015

What is YOUR Vision?

2.61
Life will be dull and bland and slow if we have no goals to work toward. A power pantry lifestyle includes thoughtful direction, always including some things right in front of us (short term), some things happening in the next year (medium term) and some things which are barely on our radar (long term). What's great about having a list of achievable interesting goals is that you're always in the hunt. You're always approaching the next goal, which is one you crafted in seasons past. Maybe it was a long-term goal at some point, and eureka, now it has come to reality.

Do you have a long-term vision for your life and your lifestyle? I have limits I can think of for my lifestyle, and things I think are worth striving for in my personal growth and goals. Between those boundaries I can think of all kinds of cool places and activities and milestones I want to get to... and those become my goals. When I sit and ponder the growth goals I have, I get really energized about the future, and the journey to get there.

Do you get energy from thinking about your goals? Is there a clear-enough picture in your mind of what the future will be like for you, that you can muse and dream about it in broad daylight? If not, start with some hopes and dreams, and how you can gather the resources to take the journey to get to them. Then add to those hopes and dreams the resolve to go after your vision.

I have nutritional goals, and physical goals, and relationship goals and spiritual discipline goals... and mentally chewing on them helps to bring them to reality.

So take some quiet time away if you need to, and invest thought and effort into your goals and vision, and months and years into the future, you will see what was once a simple thought or conviction has become reality.


By the Way


For some help defining your goals and vision, you can use the SMART goals acrostic:
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Time-bound







No comments:

Post a Comment