Sunday, December 3, 2017

Someone You Haven't Met

4.33

When we launch into something new, we should expect some things to change. And hopefully we would yield positive change.

About 7 years ago, I took a meaningful leap into a wellness program, and at the time I tried a Mediterranean diet. For the first time, I decided to consistently invest in my health and wellness by learning all I could about the best simple, natural, sustainable wellness changes I could make.

I'm realizing how much has changed in 7 years. Not just the weight that I've lost, or the physical strength and endurance I've developed, but also my attitude toward food, physical activity and wellness.

If my 2010 self could greet and talk with me now, 2010-Steve would be meeting someone he hadn't met before. Not that I have changed beliefs or convictions in a wholesale way, but I like to think I have improved. I now have objective wellness measurements which continue to improve like skin health, my weight, my overall attitude, not to mention exercise endurance, percent body fat and functional muscle strength.

While I didn't have a specific vision for 2017-Steve, I am certainly thankful for how far I have come. I find myself at a good place, and look forward to continued growth, learning and changes, and the improved health that goes with it.

How about you? Who are you becoming? What convictions are you living out in your wellness? Do you have goals for better sleep, more meditation and prayer, eating real food and eliminating faux foods? How about exercising three times a week, expanding functional movement and strength, and observing how foods affect daily health?

Start today. Take a stand for your future-you. In just a few years, you may grow into someone your 2017-self hasn't met yet.

By the Way


It is the end of 2017, and it is the right time to set goals for 2018. What are you stretching to do next year? What great things will you pursue in family relationships, and community interaction, besides the great things you can strive for in your wellness?







No comments:

Post a Comment