Sunday, May 12, 2019

It Works

6.11
Living a wellness lifestyle works. My journey started about 2010, and now, less than 10 years in, it has truly become a lifestyle that is repeatable and sustainable.
Image result for mothers day
Yesterday my family and I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day visit with my mom, my wife and our daughters. It was a beautiful, sunny day, and just right for traveling, visiting and dinner out. We found a nice restaurant with great, freshly prepared dishes, all with a bit of a German flair.

Making healthful choices is important to me, and I consistently try to consume 90% of my nutrition from foods my body will appreciate. The other 10% can be whatever happens to be available, or an occasional 'cheat' meal, etc. Yesterday's dinner out had some of both - a great steak with sweet potato fries, and a berry cobbler with ice cream for dessert.

Others around the table had wonderful entrees of chicken or fish or salad, and all were healthful and nutritious. We're thankful for the few, if any, health issues we have in our family, and that for years our kids have seen us model healthy eating choices and are now able to repeat those kinds of healthful choices themselves.

And my overwhelming proof that a wellness lifestyle works, is the training and race journey I've been through lately with my Spartan Ultra. While fulfilling a fairly grueling training schedule, I was also focused on eating well and eating clean for about 5-6 months. By the time I got to mid-April, I was literally the healthiest I've ever been in my life. While I thought the fairly harsh training might strain muscles and ligaments, and sideline me from completing the race, that was far from reality. My body rewarded my clean eating with strength, stamina and endurance.

So here's to healthful choices and the benefits we reap. We have the opportunity to revolutionize our wellness journey through faithful healthy choices.


By the Way



Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Your commitment and dedication may seem to go unnoticed, but please know that you are loved and appreciated!





No comments:

Post a Comment